Class week one


So tonight was my first class for flowers and cake design,  It was fun… we used  gum paste and fondant (it’s not my most favorite thing, it’s kind of like playing with playdough…and when you are done you attach it to a cake.  Fondant is weird to me no one really like to eat it,  but they just like how it looks.  Fondant is probably the one class that I might take just to learn a little bit but not really invest to much into.)  But it was still fun to see how a few flowers are made.  Tonight we did a daisy and a pansy.  want to see pictures?






Yes and there you have it,  kind of like playing with play-dough!  I came home and told mom that the cake the book showed had about 50 pansies on it and it took me 2 hours to make 2,  yep I sure hope I get faster soon!!!  But honestly I can’t wait to learn more how to make flowers using the piping bags and tips.
After my class my good friends Jennifer and Melissa stopped by,  We were going to walk up to the cemetery and visit Colette but it was so violently windy outside we just drove up instead,  Jennifer brought these darling flowers to leave for Colette, and we dropped them off and stood huddled at her headstone while we froze.  I hope you can tell we love you Coeltte!!!


After the cemetery we went back to our house and hung out for a while,  we even pulled out the VHS of my College Ballroom Dance days, and sat and watched it together.  Thanks guys it was so fun to reminisce with you :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A not so fun support group meeting

The Story of our Baby Colette